Facilities Use Policy
Statement of Purpose
Glenrothes Baptist Church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence, and by the work and sacrificial generosity of church members. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and always to God’s glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-member persons and groups as a witness to our faith, in the spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice. However, facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs, or advancing, advocating, or engaging in practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarised in, among other places, the statement of faith, subscribed doctrines, memorandum and articles of Glenrothes Baptist Church. Neither may the facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed by the church Elders or their official designee (normally the Bookings Manager of “The Bridge Ltd.”) as inconsistent with, or contrary to the church’s faith or moral teachings. The church Elders, or their official designee are the final decision-makers on whether a person or group is allowed to use church facilities.
Necessity of Restriction
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. (See 2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:22). Second, it is very important to the church that it presents a consistent message to the community, which the church staff and members conscientiously maintain as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To allow facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a severe negative impact on the message that the church strives to promote. It could also be a source of confusion or scandal to church members and to the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of its facilities, the church is in agreement with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using the church facilities. Therefore, in almost all circumstances, no person or groups shall use church facilities if they hold, advance or advocate beliefs or advance, advocate or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith. Neither may church facilities be used in any way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all facilities on all floors, because the church sees all of its property as holy and set apart for the worship of God (See Colossians 3:17).
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The facilities of Glenrothes Baptist Church are managed and operated by The Bridge Ltd. as the official designee acting on behalf of the Elders of Glenrothes Baptist Church. The Bookings Manager for The Bridge Ltd. must approve all uses of church facilities according to the direction and guidance provided by the Elders and Deacons of Glenrothes Baptist Church. Priority shall generally be given to church ministries, church members, their immediate families, and organised groups that are part of the ministry, organisation, or sponsored activities of the church. Church facilities and equipment may be made available to nonmembers or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
1. Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are in harmony with the church’s faith and practice.
2. The groups or person seeking facility use must submit a “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form.
3. The group or person seeking facility use must take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by the church’s "Rules of Conduct for Facility Use” as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by management staff.
Facility Use Hours
Facilities are available for use between the hours of 8am and 9pm. Use outside these hours may be approved by the Elders.
All uses (including all uses for church ministries) must be made through the Bookings Manager. Requests will be determined and priority will normally be given based on a tiered system and first-come-first-served basis. The Elders and Deacons of Glenrothes Baptist Church reserve the right to take priority over and reschedule any and all bookings in the event of a church emergency. Requests for facility use may be made to the Bookings Manager by submitting a “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form online. Submission of a request does not denote a successful booking. Only after approval is granted by the Bookings Manager will the space be reserved, the event placed on the calendar, and the requester notified of a decision.
User Tiers and Priority
Tiers and Types of User
Tier 1 Group: Recognised GBC Ministry
Tier 2 Individual: GBC Member for Gospel Ministry
Tier 3 Group: Associated Gospel-Ministry/ Partner
Tier 4A GBC Member/ Attendee
Tier 4B Those Associated with GBC
Tier 5 Group: Other Charitable Organisation
Tier 6 Group: Community Groups, Clubs
Tier 7 Individual: Unassociated/ Unknown
Use of the church facilities is subject to a use and maintenance fee which varies based on the Tier of User requesting. This will be considered on application.
Other catering options may be available upon request.
Available space/equipment for use and the costs associated per hour as as follows:-
Kids Zone (kids party <20 children) £10/hr
Worship Area & Welcome Area (always come together) £50/hr (A/V charged at £100/hr)
Conference room (<100 seat) £25/hr
Large Meeting Room (<10) £10/hr
Counselling Rooms (<4) £10/hr
Multipurpose games hall (kids party <30 children) £10/hr
Youth Recreation Rooms £10/hr
Equipment hire outside of building:- 6ft Round Banqueting Tables (seat 8 people) £5/day
6ft Trellis Tables (seat 6) - £5/day
Metal frame chairs (<80) - £5/10 pieces/day
Facilities Use Guidelines
1. Alcohol Policy: No Alcohol (other than wine for communion) may be served in church facilities.
2. Smoking Policy: Smoking in any indoor church facilities is strictly prohibited. Smoking directly near church entrances is also prohibited. This policy also applies to all e-cigarettes and vapes.
3. Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved, and must be courteous and respectful to others and groups which may also be sharing the premises.
4. Food and beverages are allowed, but every effort must be taken to avoid spills and damage to carpets and furniture. All spills and damages must be reported to the Bookings Manager.
5. Items of church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to their original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
6. All technical equipment - wifi, audio, video, church music equipment, sound desk, computers, printers, copy machines, screens, iPads, etc. - may only be used with prior approval, training, and instruction from the Bookings Manager.
7. All kitchen equipment, urns, coffee machines, etc. may only be used with prior approval and training by the Bookings Manager. Proper ventilation must be provided in the event of cooking.
8. All lights must be turned off, doors locked, and heating turned to the instructed position upon departure.
9. Any space used should be left tidy, clean, and in as good as or better condition than it was entered for use. We reserve the right to apply an additional cleaning fee of £20 per hour if the space used is not cleaned in a satisfactory manner.
10. Abusive or foul language, violent behaviour, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited while using church facilities. Any person exhibiting such behaviour will be required to leave the premises.
11. Any person or group must sign the “GBC Bridge Centre Booking Form" prior to reservation of church facilities. This can be found online at www.glenrothesbaptistchurch.org.uk/gbcbridgecentre
12. Any damages of the premises must be reported to the Bookings Manager, and paid for by the user.
For all non-church-sponsored events, the group or person using the facilities must obtain liability insurance coverage in the amount of at least £10,000. The user must also sign a “Facility Use and an Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement.”